Friday, August 03, 2007

A great change management resource

Last week I promised you another great resource on change management. What change has shown up in your work and life this week? How is change management affecting you? I am quite passionate about this subject particularly as the first seven years of my career entailed being hired by organizations that were just starting to go through the change management process -- and in all instances, something that wasn't discussed in the interview process.

As a result of these experiences, I learned pretty early on in my career that change is inevitable, and rather than getting frustrated or scared by the process, to recognize that it is just part of the process. Nothing is stable -- no surprise that I am a Gen Xer!

With economic indications on the horizon, it appears that we may be on another path of change management in the near future -- I may be wrong - and I hope so. Nonetheless, factors such as technology and globalization are continuing to turn the heat up on making change an every day issue in today's workplace.

So at the start of the post I promised a great resource on change management. If you are a manager, consultant or staff member I hope that you will check out Rick Mauer's Beyond Resistance website. He's got an incredible list of resources to access to support you in your change management effort.

Hope that you enjoy!

With best wishes,
Jennifer

Jennifer Britton, PCC, CHRP, CPCC, CPT
Potentials Realized

No comments: