The ability to be your own boss and have greater flexibility and self-direction are characteristics which often lead people into self-employment.
Take a few moments and ask yourself:
- What are your current boundaries for you and your business?
- How are you respecting these?
- How are your boundaries being encroached on?
- If boundaries are being encroached on, what's acceptable?
- What needs to change?
Some boundaries that you might want to consider are:
* The times of day that you work (i.e. you don't work before a certain time, or after a certain time)
* The times of day that you meet with clients
* The amount of money you are willing to invest in ....
* The amount of time you are willing to invest in .....
*The number of interruptions you are willing to have
* The amount of time you are willing to give things
After you have looked at these questions, select one that you want to focus taking some action on. What specific change will you commit to? Start developing a habit around this new area through ongoing action.
Jennifer Britton, PCC, CPCC
BizSuccess Group Coaching