|Wordle Created by Jennifer Britton at Wordle.com (1/14)|
Team Leadership skills including
- Conflict Resolution
- Holding Difficult Conversations
- Relationship Building
- Emotional Intelligence
- Building trust and respect
- The ability to work flexibly and compromise
- The skill of influence
- and Collaboration
In addition to the skills listed above, additional skills for leaders are:
- Strategic thinking
- Technical Skills
- Administrative skills - budgeting, reporting, project management, financial management
- Stakeholder management (which may be part of relationship building)
- Change Management
- Leading through Uncertainty
Take stock of the skills you are using on a regular basis. Consider these questions:
- What are the top five skills that you would include each and every day or week?
- Which ones do you use less frequently?
- As you consider team members or others who are being developed as leaders for the future, what skills do you think are going to be essential in their roles?
- What development activities will support you in enhancing your skills this year (training, studies, readings, conferences, mentoring, leadership, other?)
Author of From One to Many: Best Practices for Team and Group Coaching (Jossey-Bass, 2013)
As an author, Jennifer Britton is known for her thought leadership in the area of group and team coaching. She is also a former leader and team builder who spent the first 13 years of her career working within the United Nations as well as the international aid sector. From Boardroom to jungle, beach and forest to mountains, Jennifer has worked to develop teams and leaders in more than 18 countries, and virtually many more. She founded Potentials Realized in 2004 and focuses on leadership, teamwork and coaching skills training.